Search This Blog

Friday, April 22

Stone and stuff

The three of us made another one day trip to Misawa for things and to try to get ID's for myself and add Stone to the system at the base; however, due to a few technical difficulties and not having certain documents on our person, this will have to wait ... In any event, I did snap a few photos on the way (take the link below).

Our household goods have cleared customs, and today we should find out what day they will arrive (I assume next week at this point).  With good fortune, by the end of next week we will have furniture, linens, more kitchen stuff, some art supplies, more clothes and of course bikes!  Speaking of bikes, one of the pictures in the album shows Mt. Iwaki - and in the late summer there are races up the mountain, both "road" and mountain bike categories - as well as a triathlon that finishes with a hill climb.  There is talk of a team forming for the tri - Joan swimming, some crazy person running and I will finish on the bike.  The mountain is 40 km from the house, and easy ride there and back!


We have visited a few local markets, and I will be able to acquire most of our food either by foot or by bike.  Of course in the winter with over a foot of snow I may have to use a car ... One week in, and we are still greeted with warm smiles - I blame this all on Stone of course.

I am ready to begin dumping the language into my brain, I have downloaded multiple applications, purchased a few books and I will start practicing writing - all in an attempt to at least be able to minimally communicate with those around me.  We will be going to a cross cultural community event tonight, so that should help us get to know a few folks in town.

Stone continues to grow and play and smile and fuss, and do all things that a three going on four month old should be doing ... and he is now (once swaddled) going to sleep on his own!  I am looking forward to putting him on solids later in the spring, so that he can try squid ;).

Images

Until the next update - have a good one!




J, J n S

No comments:

Post a Comment