Search This Blog

Friday, July 15

July 15, 2011

I had all good intentions to fulfill my housewife role Thursday and get the house organized after a trip to Misawa, clean a bit, get some laundry processed and even do some baking.  As usual, plans are just wishful thinking in many cases.

About a week ago I noticed that I was having very slow and pixilated play back of some rugby matches - which were stored on my oldest external hard drive.  now, being semi computer literate, I know all about redundancy of files as at any time any device will simply die and chances of data recovery are slim.  At any rate, when I decided it was the drive that was having the issues, and not the files it was nearly too late.  I spent ten hours yesterday salvaging what I could from the drive.  I managed to get all of the photos moved (most of the day was spent recovering Stone's first few months - those would have been quite a loss) most of our music and video collection was moved, thus it was a successful and painfully slow process.

All that being said, I am working through getting a few new photos up, and backing up the back ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment