Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6

July 5, 2011

Stone had his six month anniversary of being "out" on the planet with a trip to a pediatrician's visit at the Misawa base.  There was not much to report from the trip, he is in good health and above average in development (I surmise this based on the responses I gave on a few of the questionnaires we were asked to complete).  Officially, he is 26" and 18.5 lbs.  So, we go back in a few more months for another visit.  Of course he got his vaccination boosters, which of course led to screaming and 24 hours of mild fever ...

In other Stone news, his first tooth has finally pierced the gum-line.  The lower right (from his perspective) incisor is coming in first.  I am surprised as it is quite sharp - good thing I am not breastfeeding :).

To continue the firsts category, as of today, we now have a mobile baby.  He has been rolling and standing on all fours for weeks, and we knew it was a matter of time to simply get a bit coordinated and start moving forward.  I was preparing food for the evening, and I had him on the floor (mats) in the living area.  He had slowly wiggled his way over near the kitchen - so I gathered him and placed him back in the middle of the play mat area near the couch.  I went back to the kitchen to continue and when I looked back over (just after I walked back in) he was at the threshold of the kitchen, smiling and making happy noises.  Wow - you have done it - I must now contain you!  For the rest of the meal prep, he was in the backpack as he was not in the mood to be left to himself ...

There are a few images posted in Stone's album, cheers ...

No comments:

Post a Comment