We continue to get snow in the overnight hours; however, we are now getting temps into the 40's consistently, so what does fall melts by mid day and the rest of the snow and ice banks are starting to recede. I was able to get out on a ride on Sunday despite the four or so inches of snow that had fallen on Saturday. You can already see signs of the trees starting (wanting) to bud. In a few more weeks we should have quite a display of spring foliage and color.
Stone is doing very well considering most of our day is still spent indoors. We do not have the kitchen blocked off, and we can lock the doors to the bathroom and our bedroom. I spend the day chasing him about the house as he plays from room to room pushing his trucks full of various blocks from place to place. Over the last few days he has started to construct the toddler sized legos in stead of the "oh so much fun" destruction of the things that we build for him.
He is walking most of the time and as he prefers to stand / walk this allows us to have a good indication of his state of tiredness. As he progresses through his various energy states he will get more and more wobbly - to the point to where he has trouble staying on two feet - a great indication that it is now time to rest. He has also become a bit more selective in eating ... that is unless it is protein or bananas or cookies (thanks grandparents) he is not that interested ...
Yesterday I put him down after a snack and thought all was well as he was steady on his feet. As I was turning after letting go I noticed him start to sway, which normally is not the big of an issue. Then I noticed he was swaying toward a wood toy and then I noticed that his face might just hit the toy on the way down ... As he made contact and his head bounced to the side I though this might get noisy! Sure enough a loud objection to the new cut and slightly swollen face emerged from the depths of his lungs ... A few minutes later all was well and he was back off in pursuit of all things toy.
A few updated pics here.
Have a good week,
J, J n S.
Stone has gotten so big! I totally want a blue snow suit like his...maybe in pink for me. Miss you guys!!!
ReplyDelete