Last weekend we went for a bit of shopping and made a trip into the local "large town" of Goshagawara. We arrived around lunch time and wanted to try a new to us sushi place, as I was told they had touch screen menus (in English and other languages) as well as the all important french fries and fried chicken parts. So we go in and there is a bit of a wait. We walk up to the hostess stand and while there are attendants there, you are to use a touch screen to tell the computer system that you are there and how many are in your party, etc. Joan tries pushing buttons randomly and we make no progress as it is all in Japanese. A kind lady sees that we are helpless and takes us through the registration process for two adults and one child. A small page is printed showing your number - which will be called when your table is ready. Great, if only I understood numbers ...
When they did call the number everyone around was helpful in letting us know it was our turn and off we went to the table. This is not considered a high end place as it caters to families, specifically little ones, and there were kids and babies in nearly every booth. After figuring out the touch screen and ordering process food started arriving and of course one of the first things to the table were "afoos" other wise known to the rest of the world as french fries. The wait staff had provided a booster seat and child's fork to Stone. He has been playing with his fork at home for some time just never really trying to use it. Today was his day and while he needed a bit of help getting things onto the fork, once on he ate quite properly. I don't think we are quite ready for chopsticks just yet ...
As we had a dreary wet week last week we did not get out much and Stone was not babysat by Asami. This week is the complete opposite as we have had nothing but sunshine and mild temperatures, thus Asami came over Monday and Tuesday to sit Stone so that I could go ride. I know that I am just his "old man" and we are together lots ... so it is to be expected that other "adults" will be at times more popular ... I was a bit surprised though when on Tuesday Asami arrived and went in to drop her bags before heading back out to play with Stone. As the door closed, he looked back at me, dropped the car in his hands and ran to go inside after her. She will be missed when we eventually relocate.
As for the rides, they were both very nice with only one exception. It is bug swarming season and I was riding through what seemed like trillions of gnats. To the point that I stopped three times to remove them from my eyes and when I got home a few hundred were still "stuck" to any exposed skin. At times, you thought you were riding through rain they were that thick. So, better to keep your mouth closed if at all possible.
I have a few updated photos of Stone in this album.
We are taking a vacation next week, and we will be back "online" upon our return.
Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment