We have had three days in a row of no rain and temperatures in the 50-60 degree range with predominant sunshine. Needless to say we are all excited that spring is indeed going to appear. While we have yet to see any blooms this far north, I can see the first buds showing on the trees and the first spring growth (mostly seasonal weeds) starting to emerge. Within a few days the buds should open and within a week or two we should have full blossoms on the trees.
Today Stone and I went on an afternoon outing that included time at the beach and then some grocery shopping in our village. We took the bike and buggy as the winds were fair and the sun was mostly out. This was his first trip to the beach now that he is mobile and his love of water was a bit testing as I could not let him go or he went straight for the waves. This summer when it is warm and sunny I will gladly take him in (in my arms); however, as the temperatures of the air where only in the high 50s and the water temperature is about the same there would be no splashing today. Of course, he did manage to step into a few waves and soak his feet - despite the cold - he was not deterred from trying to get a swim in.
We departed from the beach a bit earlier than I expected as he covered himself in sand and a wave or two soaked the lower half of him, thus I wanted to get him bathed. So, back into town, got the few groceries needed for the day and back home to clean up. Despite a long morning nap he succeeded in using up lots of energy and is now quietly resting for the afternoon nap session.
Enjoy a few pics.
Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment