Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24

April 24, 2012

With little, well no fanfare, we passed our one year anniversary of being in Japan last week.  As most know I rarely pay attention to dates (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) and perhaps this is another reason I had not even noticed the annual date click over.  With as much as we were able to travel back to the states the time did move rather quickly by.  For us and this particular retrospective; the good far outweighed the negative and we would not have made many changes at all.

Going into the second year with a toddler will offer an entire new set of experiences and also having that year of experience in Japan will help as we begin to travel further from our nest in Tomiyachi.  We are already starting to plan short excursions and overnight trips in the area and are considering a small trip to one of the neighboring countries.  For all that I am looking forward to in the next few months, I am also ready to start sending stuff back and doing the "last minute" shopping for all things Japanese that we desire.  Admittedly we are both getting rather strong nesting feelings, and I for one, am simply ready to have all of our stuff in one place.  Not to mention (I hope it goes without saying) being back on the same continent with family and friends.

Stone of course will not have too many memories of these first couple of years, thus we continue to photo document as much as possible so that one day he can say, well I guess it did happen as there are all of these photos!

All the best to you,

J, J n S

No comments:

Post a Comment