We have had a few continuos days of pleasant weather, so we have been able to get out to play rather consistently. Stone enjoys wandering about in the outdoors, stopping to play with the sprouting weeds or playing in the sand rocks and dirt. It is still a bit cool in the shadows so he is relatively bundled up making for a softer landing when he falls. He enjoys playscapes, and while he still desires help and encouragement in certain sections, he gets more confident each time he gets to explore one. There are a few pictures in the link below.
I got out on a road ride yesterday, and was not quite sure which way I was going to go. I thought about going over one of the lower passes to see about road conditions but also wanted to consider wind direction. Fortunately the wind was blowing directly west, and the pass I wanted to look at was directly east. I went very slowly up the hill into the wind as it was sustained in the 20's so I knew the ride home would be quick. On the way, I came across a group of four male monkeys, and this time I had a camera near and got a few photos. They were foraging near the side of the road and as I stopped they hopped into the base of the nearest treeline. Once there they sat and watched as I took a few photos and after observing each other for a few moments, I headed on my way. I made it to the "trailhead" of one of my favortie off road riding spots and the wind had taken a good bit of energy out of me. So after breifly cheking to see if the road was clear of snow (which it appeared to be, surprisingly) I headed back towards home. As I was decending with great speed the monkeys were back on the side of the road and a car was stopped watching them - I rang my bell and they scattered - I giggled as I was glad they did not sccatter into my front wheel! The ride home was as expected, quick! It was a relatively clear day and you could see the top of the mountain nearest to us. Just an overall good ride and nice to see spring beginning to unfold here in the north.
Pictures
Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment