Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18

July 18, 2012

Today Stone learned a new word.  Hot.  While he has yet to repeat it, I am sure he now understands somewhat more the meaning.  Each time we light a fire in the BBQ pit he likes (of course) to see the flames and get as close as possible.  This is an easy concept to grasp as he can see the flames.  Once the flames have died down and the coals are going he can not see and thus does not know the kettle is hot - thus we always tell him so.  Today I again reminded him that the kettle was hot and I did not grab his hand as he went to touch it ... his reflexes work very well.  His hand recoiled and I got big sad eyes looking up at me, "Hot" was my only reply.  He was unimpressed and the tears flowed.  So, some short play time under the outdoor water faucet to cool off the hand and all was ok.  No grandmother's, it was not bad, no blisters and you can barely tell which hand was affected.

Just another day on the Japanese farm ... If I did not mention it recently he is back to eating for four.  Seriously, he is eating at least what an adult of my size eats in a day.  His current favorite is salmon and edamame.  Good thing the salmon swim all the way over to Japan!

A few updated photos in the "big" album.

No comments:

Post a Comment