Well, perhaps not the LAST last one; however, as I type this I am taking a break from packing, organizing, packing, re-organzing, etc. Stone and I fly out next Sunday - August 5th - for Austin. Joan will follow a couple of weeks later, have a brief stay in Austin, then travel to Boston to begin her next position. Stone and I will follow the week, taking on our first road trip up to the east coast so that we can sort out our housing situation and get a feel for the land.
So, as we knew it would be, we have a bittersweet ending to this time in Japan. We accomplished many things, did not accomplish others - as to be expected. We are excited to get back and settle in for a while, of course. We will miss the kind and very friendly folks that have made us always feel welcome here in the northwest of the country.
I am sure that will provide an update or two on this blog as things progress, and I plan to start a new blog once we "land" in the northeast. Eventually I will edit this a bit and re-work a few of the albums to make it a bit more user friendly and perhaps even publish a book on our time here. So many things to do between here and there.
Thank you all for reading and all the best to each of you,
Jeff, Joan and Stone
No comments:
Post a Comment