Mom and dad (Wilson) had quite the afternoon a few days ago ... no one was hurt, except for the hawk that landed on the power line that started the fire ... Here is my Mom's write up:
Well, can you imagine the fear when I returned home early this afternoon and spotted billowing black smoke in the vicinity of MY house as I was driving home!!!
When I got to my driveway, a fireman was there making calls and directing traffic.
As I rolled down my window and screamed at him---This is my property--is it MY house?", he replied, "Right now, it is just a brush fire."
I raced up the driveway and found a neighbor frantically going from hose to hose trying to dose flames that were leaping all over my yard and along my fence line. Also on fire was the storage building that Bob kept in a corner of the yard.
As my neighbor and I raced from spot to burning spot with our water hoses ( the volunteer fire trucks were not here yet), the building literally exploded!!!
So, can I tell you--things were a bit tense!!!
After about 15 to 20 harrowing minutes, the fire trucks did arrive. They spent at least an hour and a half putting out fires and spraying foam all over what was left of the building and some trouble spots.
The fire came literally up to the edge of my pergola and also all along the fence line around the yard to the south of the lawn.
Bob is not going to complain any more about the $150 monthly watering bill!!!
So, how was your day???
When I got to my driveway, a fireman was there making calls and directing traffic.
As I rolled down my window and screamed at him---This is my property--is it MY house?", he replied, "Right now, it is just a brush fire."
I raced up the driveway and found a neighbor frantically going from hose to hose trying to dose flames that were leaping all over my yard and along my fence line. Also on fire was the storage building that Bob kept in a corner of the yard.
As my neighbor and I raced from spot to burning spot with our water hoses ( the volunteer fire trucks were not here yet), the building literally exploded!!!
So, can I tell you--things were a bit tense!!!
After about 15 to 20 harrowing minutes, the fire trucks did arrive. They spent at least an hour and a half putting out fires and spraying foam all over what was left of the building and some trouble spots.
The fire came literally up to the edge of my pergola and also all along the fence line around the yard to the south of the lawn.
Bob is not going to complain any more about the $150 monthly watering bill!!!
So, how was your day???
Before:
After:
Sad :( where's the rain?
ReplyDelete