Search This Blog

Monday, June 6

June 6, 2011, cont.

Joan, Stone and I headed to the beach near us to see about gathering some pebbles and such ... it was near dusk, and as we came over the dunes I realized that I must have been at the beach during a low tide the other day as the waves were now significant and much higher up the beach.  In case you are curious, we are in a waxing crescent phase.

In any event, we walked down and grabbed a few shots; however, all the good rock collecting was a bit ... in the undertow so to speak, thus another mid day trip will be necessary for hunting.  We had a good evening watching the sun fall toward the horizon none the less.

In other news: one of the folks who lives in the apartments we are next to brought back a variety of IPA's (India Pale Ale) from a store in Misawa - I must say, that the first sip was heavenly - I had not realized how much I had already "missed" full flavored beer - so HOORAY for IPA!

Cheers,

Images in the "on foot" album.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pics! Time to send you a surf board?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps a body board - although I was invited to get scuba certified!

    ReplyDelete