Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7

June 7, 2011

Quite a full day: ride around the lake at 6:00 am, Joan off to work around 8:30 full of breakfast tacos, Stone and I on a hike for a few hours in the afternoon and sushi for dinner!  Yep, we have been in Japan for over two months and we just now had sushi ...

We were escorted to a hole in the house (wall) establishment around the corner from our town.  Three tables and six bar stools, husband and wife (presumably) running the place.  Everything we ordered (as expected) was made in front of us, and we were pleased with each dish ... and needless to say we will be going back - soon!  It was nice to see the sushi prepared correctly - that is - the cut of the items to be so precise to present the essence of the item without either having too much flesh or of course cutting through incorrectly.  I was very pleased with the meal, and as always Stone was a hit!  He even got a soft toy key chain upon our departure ... next time I will take my book of translations so that we can at least on some level communicate more with the proprietors.  And Greg, BEST SEA BACON EVER!

I took a few photos on our hike: none of us, just lots of trees and bugs and stuff :).  Images in the "on foot" album.

Hugs,

1 comment: