Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2

June 2, 2011

Stone and I made an afternoon trip to a local beach.  This was not a manicured or cared for beach, simply beach access from a gravel road near us.  There did not seem to be too much traffic ever at the spot, as there is, I would guess, decades of litter accumulated here and there.  Some I assume washes ashore and some I assume was dumped.  So needless to say, not a place one goes without protection over the feet.  However, once you look past the plastic, it is a nice place to stroll and listen to the water greeting the land, or vice versa.

On our way out, it could have been a scene from Alice in Wonderland - if I would have followed the rabbit.  We were in the truck, heading back to the main road; when a rabbit darted into the road - nothing new to me there.  Then it sat up, seemingly acknowledging me heading toward it ... got on all fours and headed directly for us.  I smiled, then wondered it this was a suicide attempt - thus I stopped.  The rabbit went directly under and I looked in the rear view to see if he/she kept going ... a few moments pass and sure enough it kept on going a few yards beyond the rear bumper, then stopped, turned and again sat up looking back at us.  Finally it hopped back into the bush.  I had thought that perhaps we were being invited to follow; however, that journey will have to be on another day :).

Images were updated in Stone's album and the "On foot" album, enjoy.

1 comment: