Welcome to the weekend,
For the most part, there is little to report this week. The kitchen got a bit more organized and we received a small (microwave sized) oven - so that we can now "micro bake" a few items. Although I was somewhat opposed to having the device - as we have limited space - I must admit that even having a small oven significantly increases our cooking options - and considering it was a hand me down from another fellow in our area the price was just right!
I went on a night ride with a few of the guys around the lake earlier in the week. We departed as the sun was setting on the horizon and for a few moments the sky was ablaze in various color as the sun sank for the evening - unfortunately I did not snap any photos as it was quite cool, and everyone was interested in getting through ride ... the rest of the ride was quiet - a few cars - and a relatively clear night without wind which allowed for a quick trip.
I had my first encounter with a new (to me) bug that had me quite puzzled. It was resting on the ceiling in the storage room between the garage and the main entry room. In most cases I am a catch and release type of fellow; however, perhaps I was thinking of Stone, as I felt the need to ensure that whatever it was did not take off and get into the house before I could figure out what it was. So with some hesitation I sent it the insect after world. Once it was down from the ceiling I got a closer look, and I could not see anything on the creature that appeared to bite, sting or dispatch any nasty chemicals that would hurt a human ... So I took the still wiggling bug and placed it outside as I am sure they are eaten by something. Then off to the computer to try to find out what it was. As it turns out, I had just killed a good luck bug ... perhaps that was the cause of my back pain the next day - a bit if natural revenge. In any event it was a juvenile Scutigera coleoptrata (GejiGeji). A common house bug that hunts and kills roaches, wasps, silverfish and other "pests" - thus the reason they are viewed as good luck. You can find more information on them here and feel free to do an image search as they can get quite large!
Stone, as always, is continuing his quest for the freedom of mobility. He and I were on a call with Auntie R and I placed the camera on the end of the couch, and by the end of the call he had inched his way to the camera, pleasing Rachel as it is obvious we are weeks or days away from a crawling little beast. He is also learning to express himself in varying forms of verbal communication. There is his laugh, his squeal, his tired scream, his hungry scream and general sound making - which reminds me of something between humming and singing.
The days are warming and the sun is rising earlier and earlier ... we are off to the store (grocery) and then perhaps a trip down the coastal highway. Enjoy your upcoming weekend,
A few updated pics with the beast and the mom and a few of the kitchen as well.
Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment