As I mentioned in Part A of the post for today, Stone and I would do some more scouting for riding territory. We proceeded to the gravel road that heads up into the hills off of road 12. I had made my way up this road on the single speed cyclo-cross bike for about 4k until the grade became a bit too steep with respect to the gear ratio that I have on the bike - thus I had doubled back knowing I would come back and see how much further the trail/path goes. Onward we go with the truck in 4WD and onward we go upward we go onward and upward and around and upward an onward ... well we got to the 9k point (all climbing) and I decided that yet again, I would turn back without knowing where this road actually goes.
For much of the climb the road wrapped around the hills and each time we went around a crease in the hill, there was running and or pooled water over the road. I began to think we might come to a wash out - and we did. However, being very determined folks, there was a makeshift "bridge" that connected to the other side. In cycling we talk a lot about risk vs. reward: is the risk of the negative outcome worth the reward of the positive outcome of clearing an obstacle for example. Considering the cargo in the truck and the "craftsmanship" of the crossing I decided to head back down the way we came.
Thus, I now know I will have to take the mountain bike up this hill and cross this spot to finally see where this road goes!
Images.
Stone gave Daddy quite the startle today - I had stepped out of the room for a brief moment - having placed him on his back on the corner of the couch/chez. When I returned to the room about 20 seconds later, he had rolled to the end of our "chez" section of the couch and his feet were dangling. I made it behind him as he dropped onto his butt - he looked up and smiled. Very pleased with himself!
No more unattended child :)
Enjoy all you do,
No comments:
Post a Comment