Search This Blog

Monday, May 16

May 16, 2011

Joan will be working a bit over the coming weekend, so she was able to take Monday morning off, allowing me to get out for a ride.  After a breakfast of french toast (a surprisingly good baguette we picked up at a local supermarket) and a web call with Auntie C and Uncle T, I departed.

I was by myself, and decided to head north passed the large lake and up toward the northernmost point of the main island.  I had the "big" camera with me, as I planned to occasionally stop and grab a few high res pictures.  The skies were partly cloudy and the wind was quite strong coming off of the Sea of Japan.  All in all, it was a great ride, I did not get as far as I felt I could; and in the back of my mind I thought the wind might switch, which it did, so better to take a shorter ride than get caught out unprepared (food and water) for a longer ride.  As I type the reason for the wind shift is hitting the island - a large frontal boundary with some big thunderstorms ...

Link to the photos from the ride.

Stone, as always, is progressing.  He now reaches for our iphones, realizing they dazzle us with shiny flashing light and funny sounds ... so time for me to start picking up more books when we are together and he is observing me.  Below is a video of his latest physical accomplishment ...





No comments:

Post a Comment