Search This Blog

Sunday, May 22

May 22, 2011: continued

As previously mentioned, it has been a full day.

Last evening we introduced rice cereal in a tiny quantity to a bottle before putting Stone down for the evening.  I think both of our expectations were a bit let down (as far as him lasting longer before waking for hunger). He awoke a mere 5 hours later and ate every two to three hours thereafter.  I can only imagine that we timed the introduction of "solids" with another growth spurt - Go Team!

This evening we decided to give it another go, and mix it a bit thicker and actually use a spoon and feed him.  He has been eyeing us quite a bit recently when we are eating, and looking as though he wanted to grab our utensils and have a go at eating ... I have to say that despite last night's lackluster sleeping performance, this evening's eating performance was superb.  He opened his mouth immediately when presented with the spoon, did his best at waiting for the spoon to be in the mouth, then closed slurped and swallowed. There were of course a few misfires and slobbery milky drooly smiles and confused looks as well; all in all, he seemed to enjoy the experience.  Joan and I surely did.

Once he was full he stopped taking the food, but wanted the spoon.  And this was rather entertaining as the spoon made it from mouth to eyes to ears to nose and back again at rapid pace.  Good thing it is soft and rubber, otherwise I am sure he would have opened the roof of his mouth and I would have to get some duct tape to patch it.

We'll see if the "thicker" version has any effect on sleep longevity.  We got a few photos snapped as well, enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for gravel roads, beautiful landscapes and solid food. It sounds like things are progressing well for everyone. Love you!

    ReplyDelete