Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25

May 25, 2011

Joan is swimming, Stone is napping and I am updating ... we can be so productive at times.

I was able to get out on a ride this afternoon, as Joan was at work in the wee hours of the morning.  So after our household shift change from daddy to mommy, I bathed in sunscreen - nice that I did not have do put on warm clothing for a change - grabbed a few things and headed for the hills.  I planned on getting over the pass on route 12 and seeing how I felt from there, knowing I was going to double back over the climb to get home.

The grade is minimal - around 5%, and I was over the pass in less than 45 minutes after leaving the house.  On the way down I kept seeing gravel roads to the left and right.  I finally got to one that I could not resist.  It was large, and had seen recent traffic, so I figured I could take it for a while and not have to double back too quickly.

Once under the tree cover, the road turned sloppy; puddles, slush and gravel :) :) :).  It snaked around the side of the hills, along a stream and at times nearing a commuter rail line.  I can only guess that the purpose for the road was to service the rail line as well as gather wood.  I stopped in a few places for photos, and then proceeded up the road.  As I was running a bit tight on schedule, I turned around - not reaching the road's end.  I plan to go out tomorrow and see how far it goes.

Images from the ride.

Stone received some learning videos, which encourage the fine art of reading development.  Effectively there are a few voices narrating around a few key words in each lesson ... he seems interested.  Here is a little video of him in his chair watching the lesson.


Until the next update,

2 comments:

  1. Man that looks like awesome riding, very pacific northwest. Your beard is getting crazy! Keep the good stuff coming. - G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess one could argue that we are more Pacific NW than the "traditional" Pacific NW :) - although I wish I had half the dirt riding that is available on your continent ...

    ReplyDelete